Thank you for your reservation with
Affordable Cabins In The Smokies
Bringing Vacation Renters and Vacation Property Owners Together
Read the following policies and procedures before signing your rental agreement. You must agree to ALL terms and conditions before booking. We also suggest you bring a copy on your trip, as it may help answer many of the questions you might have before, during, and even after your visit with us.
BY INITIALING AND SIGNING THIS GUEST AGREEMENT, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO FOLLOW AND ABIDE ALL OF AFFORDABLE CABINS IN THE SMOKIES TERMS & CONDITIONS AND POLICIES & PROCEDURES.
RESERVATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. I ACCEPT REQUIRMENTS PRIOR TO CHECK-IN
- SIGNED AND COMPLETED GUEST AGREEMENT
- SIGNED CREDIT CARD RECEIPT, if applicable
- COPY OF FRONT AND BACK OF GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID
- PAYMENT IN FULL
- REGISTERED GUEST'S MINIMUM AGE 21
Sign online, or return your documentation within 48 hours to:
Smart Phone: email@example.com
Mail: Affordable Cabins In The Smokies PO Box 586, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868
2. I ACCEPT CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Reservations cannot be cancelled.
- No Refunds.
- We strongly suggest Trip Insurance.
Should you need to change your dates, YOU CAN RESCHEDULE YOUR RESERVATION ONE TIME, as long as the change is processed at least 15 days prior to your arrival. However, NO re-scheduling during holiday rates, holidays, the entire month of October or reservations with guest packages. The deposit is placed in escrow, to be held for up to 1 year from date of booking, for a future reservation or until disbursement. For reservations canceled inside 15 days, the deposit is forfeited.
No exceptions to the Cancellation & Refund Policy can be made for any reason including but not limited to inclement weather, acts of God, God's creatures, temporary utility outages, guest's error, health related reasons, or family emergencies. If you foresee a problem with getting to your cabin we recommend you bring snow chains or a four-wheel drive vehicle. Call us if you have any doubts and we will evaluate the situation. Many times we can move you to a cabin that is more easily accessible if there is a problem. Winter road conditions and maintenance are not guaranteed. For your safety, we reserve the right to re-schedule your reservation due to inclement weather. We cannot provide transportation for guests and are not liable for any towing charges you may incur during your stay. The weather does change rapidly here during the winter months (November to April), and we advise that you plan your trip with that in mind. You may want to bring along a flashlight, drinking water, warm clothing and non-perishable food items in the event of a power outage.
A $50 rebooking fee will be charged to the re-scheduled reservation. There is a $50 non-refundable administrative fee for any changes to your reservation such as dates or cabins. A maximum of 1 changes can be made to any reservation as long as it at least 15 days prior to arrival.
Any credit card dispute or charge back is a criminal offense, defrauding an innkeeper. Such matters will result in prosecution, an additional administration fee charged to your credit card on file in the amount of $500 per transaction and legal fees. You agree and acknowledge that this cancellation and refund provision is a material term of this Agreement, the absence of which would have resulted in the Company refusing to enter into this Agreement
3. I ACCEPT DEPOSITS and PAYMENTS POLICY AND PROCEDURE
FORMS OF PAYMENT
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Cash, Checks, Money Orders
NOTE: No checks or money orders accepted within 30 days of arrival
A $39 service charge for all returned checks
NOTE: A valid credit card is required to be on file with each reservation
STANDARD CHECK-IN: Express Check-In is our standard booking process and is used when booking online.
- When you make your reservation, a 50% deposit of the sub-total PLUS full cost of Trip Insurance is required.
- The balance due which will be automatically charged to your credit card on the 15th day prior to arrival.
- For reservations made within 15 days of arrival, the full amount is due at the time of booking.
- A confirmation letter, Guest Agreement and Credit Card Receipt will be emailed to you.
- Directions to your cabin will be emailed to you upon receipt of your signed Guest Agreement, Credit Card Receipt, copy of your drivers license and balance is paid in full
- Local Attraction Tickets will be noted on your reservation, however WILL NOT be charged until you pick them up in our office.
- Call 865-453-0788 to speak with our Reservations Specialist for payment details
- When you make your reservation, a down payment required.
- Payments must be received monthly.
- Balance must be paid in full at least 15 days prior to arrival
- You are allowed two payments by credit card and remaining payments can be made by personal check or money orders
- Local Attraction Tickets will be noted on your reservation, however WILL NOT be charged until you pick them up in our office.
4. I ACCEPT CHECK-IN POLICY & PROCEDURE
Check-in time is 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM EST Monday - Saturday. 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Sunday.
No early Check-In. NOTE: Cabin access codes are not available after hours. No after-hours Check-In
STANDARD/EXPRESS CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- Section 1 must be completed
- Affordable Cabins will email directions to your cabin
- Call our office the day of your arrival Monday to Saturday between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM or Sunday 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM, 865-453-0788, to obtain the ACCESS CODE to your cabin.
- You are Checked-In when you have received your Access Code
- Drive directly to your cabin.
LATE ARRIVAL PROCEDURE
If you expect to arrive after office hours.
- Section 1 must be completed
- Affordable Cabins will email directions to your cabin
- Call our office the day of your arrival Monday to Saturday between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM or Sunday 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM, 865-453-0788, to obtain the access code to your cabin.
- Drive directly to your cabin.
- NOTE: You must solely rely on the directions you received to locate your cabin. Please ask questions during office hours.
- NOTE: Cabin access codes are not available after hours. No after-hours Check-In
From the time of your arrival you have one hour to inspect your rental unit. If you find any conditions you need to report as unsatisfactory, do so at that time. After the first hour it is assumed that you are accepting the property "as is".
TRAILERS / ROAD CONDITIONS
Please inquire about parking and roads to your cabin if you are plan to haul a trailer. Some cabins are not accessible to trailers. You also need to ask questions if you are driving a car that is low or a motorcycle. Many cabins are located on steep or gravel roads and require four (4x4) wheel drive.
NOTE: While we will make every effort to have your cabin ready on time, there could be a slight delay during PEAK SEASON. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
NOTE: GPS/Google Maps may not be correct. Please use the directions provided.
NOTE: In observance of Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, there will be no reservations scheduled for arrival or departures on those two days.
5. I ACCEPT CHECK-OUT POLICY
Check-out time is 10:00 AM EST.
$100 fee for late departures up to 11 AM EST
A fee equal to one night rent for departures after 11 AM EST
NO refunds will be given for early departures for any reason.
- Wash all dishes or place them in the dishwasher( if you have one, if not you will have to wash by hand) and turn it on to the cleaning cycle.
- Wash all (only) towels (IF your unit has a washer and dryer) and place in dryer before you leave, detergent supplied for the towels.
- Do not put hot ashes or coals from your grill or fireplace in the plastic trash cans.
- Turn off all lights and small appliances
- Set the heat at 65 degrees in the winter months. In the summer, the air conditioners should be set at 75 degrees.
- Dispose of all food and drinks from cabinets and the refrigerator, and put all your garbage in the outside trash cans.
- Lock all doors and windows and replace the key securely in the lockbox.
- If applicable, set the alarm system.
6. I ACCEPT PERSONAL ITEMS POLICY
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- ILLEGAL AND RESTRICTED DRUGS
- FIREARMS OR WEAPONS
- ANY OTHER ILLEGAL OR RESTRICTED ITEM OR PARAPHERNALIA
GUEST NOT ADHERING TO THIS POLICY WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE PREMISES. NO REFUND FOR EARLY CHECK-OUT. ADDITIONALLY, THE LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL BE NOTIFIED.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Upon request, lost & found items can be shipped at guest's expense. Lost & found items are held for 14 days then donated.
7. I ACCEPT DAMAGE WAIVER TERMS.
A non-refundable Damage Protection fee is required for all reservations. This Damage Protection fee is in lieu of a damage deposit and covers all minor accidental damage or breakage up to $300.
Guest will be responsible for all intentional or reckless damages and the credit card on file will be charged. Guest authorizes Affordable Cabins In The Smokies to charge any expenses in relation to intentional or reckless damage, cleaning of the unit beyond a normal cabin clean (such as unauthorized house parties, excessive trash, leaving dirty dishes, soiled or damaged linens etc.) or theft of any property from the unit, to the credit card on file for that cabin. The guest who uses their credit card for the payment is considered the responsible party, and all necessary charges concerning said cabin will be charged to the credit card on file, no matter who in the group caused the damage.
8. I ACCEPT DAMAGES POLICY AND AGREE TO AFFORDABLE CABINS IN THE SMOKIES CHARGING AND COLLECTING FEES/CHARGES FOR DAMAGES, MISSING ITEMS, SOILED OR STAINED LINENS AND EXCESSIVE CLEANING AND pay restitution for any damages, which damages may include, but shall not necessarily be limited to, the lodging establishment's loss of revenue resulting from the hotel's inability to rent or lease the room during the period of time the lodging establishment room is being repaired.
Please RESPECT OUR OWNER'S PROPERTIES: Our rental units are individually owned by people just like you. We ask that you treat their property just as you would your own and leave no damage.
- Minimum $100 fee for excess cleaning upon your departure.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside your rental unit. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for violation of this policy
- Theft, vandalism or evidence of drug use will be photographed and reported to the police and followed by litigation.
- Any cabin that is left unsecured by the guest, resulting in items being damaged or stolen, will be the responsibility of the registered guest. Guest will be charged the cost of replacing or repairing stolen or damaged items.
- Please keep in mind there are neighbors. Keep the noise levels to a minimum. Quiet time is from 11:00 PM until 9:00 AM. Common courtesy is always appreciated.
- Evicted guest will forfeit all monies paid. No credits or refunds.
- If you for any reason have to move the rental home's furniture, please make sure that it is placed back in the original arrangement. If moving furniture, please be careful not to scratch the floors or furniture. Damages done by moving the furniture will be charged to you the guest on your credit card on file.
9. I ACCEPT NO-SHOW POLICY
If you do not check-in on the first day of your reservation the remaining portion of your reservation will be canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund.
10. I ACCEPT HOUSE PARTIES POLICY
Absolutely no house parties, 'visiting' guest or unsupervised groups of minors are allowed. We reserve the right to refuse accommodations to anyone, at our discretion. Minimum rental age is 21. Upon discovery of a visiting guest, party, all occupants will be evicted. No refunds will be given. Cost of damages will be charged to guest. Additionally, a report will be filed with the local police department. Such acts are considered fraud and is prosecutable as "defrauding an innkeeper" in the state of Tennessee.
11. I ACCEPT MAXIMUM CAPACITIES POLICY
Rental unit occupancy is strictly enforced. Each cabin has its own occupancy maximums. This is assuming the use of a sleeper-sofa. For guest safety and comfort, sleeper sofas are limited to use by children only with a total weight limit of 175 pounds. Strict Tennessee fire codes prevent rental cabins from being overpopulated. Misrepresentation of the number of guest in your party will result in immediate eviction. No refunds will be given for this fraud under the "defrauding an innkeeper" law in the state of Tennessee.
12. I ACCEPT LOCKBOX POLICY
Select cabins are equipped with a lockbox containing the key to the cabin. It is important that you leave the key in the lockbox after each use. Should an emergency arise, it is imperative that the property be accessible. A $75 for replacement fee will be charged for lost or missing keys. A minimum $35 charge for lockouts and $95 charge for after maintenance hours (9am-5pm) lockouts.
13. I ACCEPT PET POLICY
Certain cabins only allow pets. Refer to the list of amenities or ask a reservations specialist for confirmation.
- A non-refundable pet fee is applied for each pet.
- There are weight restrictions for each pet friendly cabin. Please call to check weight limits. We recommend that pets be kenneled when left alone in the cabin.
- All pets must be leashes at all times.
- You are responsible for the cleaning up of all pet refuse.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture or bedding at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may be charged extra cleaning fees.
- All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
- All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- A $250 fee will be charged to for any undeclared pets. A $500 fee will be charged to for a pet in a cabin which does not allow pets.
- Pet damage is NOT covered under the Vacation Rental Damage Protection.
- The cabin owners and Affordable Cabins In The Smokies assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
NOTE: You are in or near the Great Smoky Mountain National Park with several species of wild animals which may take your pet as a food source or a threat.
14. I ACCEPT CLEANING SERVICES POLICY
A one-time cleaning fee is charged for a full cleaning service at the end of your stay. This covers hot tub cleaning, trash removal, and other necessary routine services. Not to clean up after you. Sorry we do not do dishes, there is a $55 fee added to your stay if you do not clean your dishes. We do have a trash dumpster located at our office for your use, should you want to remove your extra trash during your stay longer stays and larger cabins may request a one-time trash pick-up.
15. I ACCEPT CABIN SUPPLIES AND AMENITIES POLICY
Each rental unit is provided with a STARTER supply of linens, towels, wash clothes, bath soap, one roll of toilet tissue, two trash bags, dishwashing liquid and dishwasher detergent. Extended stay will require you to replenish these items. There are several local supermarkets for your convenience. We do a full-clean on each cabin after each stay. Your cabin is not a hotel, therefore, not cleaned daily. Your cabin may be provided with a washer and dryer for your convenience. Additional housekeeping service can be provided for a modest fee. All rental units have an outdoor grill (charcoal and propane is not provided), heating and air conditioning, stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, dishes, flatware, glassware, utensils, basic pots and pans, color television, DVD or VCR, smoke alarms, towels, pillows, bed linens, washcloths, bedspreads, quilts or blankets. Most have irons and ironing boards. You are welcome to bring additional cooking pans for specialty baking and a blender. The guest is expected to supply charcoal for the grill, firewood & fire starters or kindling and wood (in season only) for wood burning fireplaces, extra blankets if more than one per bed is desired, aluminum foil, coffee filters, plastic wrap, laundry detergent, and all your food and personal hygiene items. Many guests like to bring beach towels for hot tub use. Homeowners decorate and supply each cabin uniquely. Amenities and supplies will vary from cabin to cabin. Some homeowners decorate for the holidays. Please contact us with any questions and we will be glad to help. The majority of the rental units have restrictions on the telephones that allow unlimited local usage but no outgoing long distance calls. Some cabins do not have telephone service at all. Cell phone coverage varies in our area but normally work well in the city limits. ON THE RARE OCCASION AN UNFORSEEN PROBLEM MAY ARISE WITH YOUR CABIN. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TRANSFER YOUR STAY TO ANOTHER COMPARABLE CABIN.
16. I ACCEPT TELEVISION SERVICES
Some cabins have satellite (not cable) television service which have limited (basic) channels. Sports channels, premium movie channels or pay-per-view events are not included with basic service. Several area restaurants provide premium events on television including sports, racing and other. If this is a concern for you, please ask us and we can let you know what service your cabin has available.
17. I ACCEPT HOT TUB POLICY
Our hot tubs are professionally cleaned and chemically treated after each guest.
It is the signatory guest's responsibility to inform his or her party that will be using the hot tub of all potential hot tub hazards. By using the hot tub, and by signing the rental agreement, you and your party are absolving Affordable Cabins In The Smokies and the property owner of any and all liability related to the hot tub or its use.
- Hot tub use is strictly at your own risk.
- To ensure your hot tub is safe from bacteria, we advise you to run the hot tub jets between ten to fifteen minutes prior to entering the hot tub.
- Do not turn off or unplug hot tubs which will damage the hot tub. You will be charged for such damages.
- Persons who have high blood pressure, skin sensitivities, children under the age of 12 or woman who might be pregnant are strongly urged not to use a hot tub. If in doubt, please consult with a physician prior to using the hot tub.
- Hot tubs can cause your blood pressure to rise, the use of alcohol enhances this effect.
- You should also never wear jewelry into a hot tub due to the chemicals used.
- Bromine floaters should stay in the hot tub at all times.
- Please make sure to add water as needed.
- The chemicals in hot tubs can also affect color-treated hair or damage swimsuits.
- As with any water activity, the risk of drowning can occur, with this in mind, never use the hot tub alone.
- Each guest should shower before and after using a hot tub to remove any chlorine or bacteria they have encountered.
- Hot tubs and their covers will be inspected after each departure.
- ABSOLUTELY NO soaps, bubble baths, bath oils, alcohol or food should be used or kept near the hot tubs. Use of these items in the Hot Tub will be charged a $100 cleaning fee
- Hot Tub cover are easily damaged since they are largely constructed of a lightweight Styrofoam to make them easier to remove.
- Hot Tub Cover should be kept on the hot tubs whenever the tub is not in use. When removing the Hot Tub Cover, please place it in a safe location, away from people and pets.
- Children walking on the tops of the covers WILL break the cover. For such intentional or negligent incidents you will be charged a replacement fee of up to $450.
18. I ACCEPT MECHANICAL FAILURES POLICY
We strive to ensure we provide the cleanest and well maintained cabins in the Smoky Mountains. We provided affordable cabins with amenities; cabins are not hotel rooms and, therefore, from time to time, appliances, hot tubs, cable/satellite television, water, electricity, etcetera will malfunction or break down.
While we strive to ensure the equipment in every cabin is in good working condition, sometimes things do break down. If we are notified of a problem we will do our best to get any problem corrected on a timely basis. No refunds, credits or rate adjustments will be made for mechanical failures or break downs. This includes hot tubs, Jacuzzis, fireplaces, appliances, public utility problems including electricty, water, telephone, cable or satellite outages, etc. We will do our best to remedy any problem you report to us, but some things are beyond our control.
19. I ACCEPT FIREPLACE POLICY
Fireplaces are only operational from October 15th thru April 1st. Firewood is not supplied, however you can order either online or when you book with an reservationist . You may also purchase firewood from a local supermarket, convenience store, however wood from outside the county may NOT be brought in. Many of our cabins have gas logs, with timers installed. If you rearrange the placement of the logs in the gas fireplaces or build a wood fire in a gas fireplace, you will be charged for the damages caused.
20. I ACCEPT NON-DISPARAGEMENT POLICY
You agree that you will not disparage or comment negatively about Affordable Cabins in The Smokies, LLC, its officers and management , and/or current or former employees. You agree and acknowledge that this non-disparagement provision is a material term of this Agreement, the absence of which would have resulted in the Company refusing to enter into this Agreement The Renter (including anyone in renter's party) agrees not to make any statements, written, or verbal, or cause or encourage others to make any statements, written or verbal, of homeowner, rental agency or rental accommodations without written approval of homeowner or owners agent. Guests or other occupants or invitees of Guest further agree that any complaints or comments regarding the rental property shall not be posted on any internet website unless such comments are approved in writing by the owner or owners agent. The Renter acknowledges and agrees that this approval process extends to statements, written, or verbal, made to anyone, including but not limited to, various online review sites & competitors. Renter accepts and is hereby notified that homeowner and agency does not participate in reviews from websites from websites that are not owned or controlled by homeowner and the business transaction between all parties should remain private. This Paragraph is a material provision of this agreement. All communications related to this transaction shall remain private. Specifically, renter and invited guests agree not to criticize, make any statement which disparages or post any review on any website unless requested in writing by the homeowner or agent. If any review is posted by Renter or invitee thereof, and found to contain unreasonable and fictitious negative sentiment in the sole opinion of the homeowner or owners agent and is not removed within 72 hours (the Review), renter agrees that a copy of this rental agreement shall serve as renter's full authorization to request and oblige the third party or website hosting or displaying the Review to remove it promptly upon request by homeowner or owner's agent. Failure to remove the Review will be considered a breach of this Agreement, and homeowner or owner's agent will consider this act to have irreparably harmed by loss of business and goodwill due to violation of this provision. In this event, homeowner or owner's agent will seek damages of $30,000.00 or more from renter and renter agrees to pay all such damages requested by owner upon written demand. Renter will pay any additional legal fees necessary to enforce demand should renter not comply.
21. I ACCEPT MISCELLANEOUS
Affordable Cabins In The Smokies, LLC reserves the right to substitute properties, provide alternative lodging or cancel reservation if for any reason beyond our control the property becomes unavailable. If cancelled, a full refund of the deposit will be made. Upon refund, all contractual rights and obligations are released. Affordable Cabins In The Smokies, LLC and Property Owners will not be responsible for loss, theft, or destruction of personal property of Guest. Each Guest is responsible for making sure they have ALL of their belongings when checking out.
The company does not sell or rent your personal information. The company uses your information to provide products and services and to support core business functions. The company does not discusses the details of or concerns with your reservation with anyone other than the registered guest unless otherwise requested or required by law. We may disclose your information within our corporate family of companies. You hereby consent to the company providing you marketing material including email marketing.
23. I ACCEPT SMOKING POLICY
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside your rental unit. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for violation of this policy
24. EMERGENCY CONTACTS / AFTER HOURS
Affordable Cabins In The Smokies: 865-453-0788
Utility Board: 865-774-6303 Police: 865-453-4668 Sevier County Electric: 865-453-2887
Please call our office 865-453-0788 and listen to the message for the after hour emergency contact number for that day. Emergencies include: no heat, no water, smell of gas. If your electricity goes out, call the electric board directly (phone number 865-774-6303 from your cabin) because then they can identify the PHYSICAL location of the outage problem. Most of our cabins use well water. If you lose your power, you will not have water until your power is restored.
NON-EMERGECY Please call during normal office hours to report any problems with satellite, hot tub, Jacuzzi, gas fireplaces, etc., as these are not considered an EMERGENCY. We will schedule our maintenance personnel with work orders in the order in which they are received.
If you call in a service call when there isn't anything wrong, you will be charged the service fee that has been incurred. And if you make a service call to our office and then figure out how to use the device, and the technician hasn't arrived yet, you need to call us to cancel the service call or you will be responsible for the service charge for the technician coming out to the unit. It's not fair for the owner of the property to incur such fee's if there is nothing wrong with equipment.
The maintenance department hours of operation are 9 AM to 5 PM. Calls received after 5PM, will be addressed the next day, if maintenance has closed for the day.
HOUSEKEEPING concerns should be directed to your personal cleaning staff. Contact information is located in your cabin.